Here are a few other facts about the tournament:
- All tournament games will either be played at SportsPlus in Evendale or SportsExpress in Mason on Saturday, October 20th or Sunday, October 21st. Sunday games will not begin until 12pm at the earliest. As was requested by coordinators in our meeting last summer, each individual bracket will be playing all of their tournament games at a single site. This may cause issues for the few coaches that are the head coach for multiple teams, but coordinators felt having each bracket play in a single day was more important. Please make sure you have a competetent assistant available.
- As with regular season games, each coach will need to pay the referee $13, both teams should provide a lines person, and the "home team" should work the scoreboard. The home team is always the higher seed.
- Individual medals will be given out to players on the 1st and 2nd place teams.
- Due to a few crossover games between 3rd/4th rec teams and 3rd/4th athletic teams, those games will not be taken into consideration for tournament seeding.
- Recreational teams will not be moved up to play in athletic divisions for the tournament.
- The recreational divisions will be split into 8 team brackets (for the most part) based on regular season winning percentage across all pods. So the "best" 8 teams will play in the A bracket, the next "best" 8 teams will play in the B bracket, etc ... This is the same methodology we have used in the past.
- Once the schedule is released we CANNOT change it. We have such a small window for these games, there can be absolutely no changes. If a team cannot make it, they will need to forfeit the match.